Active in the Allgäu
Stay active and explore Füssen and its surroundings by bike.
Cycle paths past blooming meadows, bubbling streams, countless lakes and forests await you. You decide for yourself whether you want to relax on the flat with the foothills of the Alps as a beautiful backdrop or climb up the mountain. We will help you choose.
Our hostel offers covered bicycle parking spaces with an e-bike charging station in the inner courtyard.
If you don't have a bike with you, no problem. Just talk to us, we'll help you with bike rental in Füssen.
Allgäu cycle tour
On a total of 450 km and 9 different variants, you will get to know the most beautiful corners of the Allgäu on the Allgäu Cycle Tour. In addition to the castle park in and around Füssen, you will also discover magnificent mountain peaks and alpine parks. Not forgetting, of course, the magnificent and unique mountain panorama that will accompany you throughout the entire cycle tour.
Take advantage of an overnight stay with us to prepare for the next stage.
We are happy to advise you on site, provide you with free information and maps and give you "first aid" with our toolbox, for example if you have a flat tire.
If you need major repairs, we will be happy to put you in touch with one of our bike workshops in the immediate vicinity.
You can also see the beauty of the Allgäu Cycle Tour for yourself in the following video
TIP: Don't forget your swimsuit. Worthwhile lake tour from Füssen: - Schwansee - Alpsee (Neuschwanstein Castle) - Forggensee circular route and back again.
The mountain bike tour from Füssen via the royal castles to the Füssener Hütte is for experienced cyclists.
- Distance 44,8km
- Time 3h
- Difference in altitude 1030m
- Difficulty medium
- Fürstenstraße in the direction of Schluxen
- From Gasthof Bärenfalle forest path into Raintal
- Füssener hut
- Back via Ulrichsbrücke
Combine being active with relaxation.
- Distance 25km
- Time 2h
- Difference in altitude 200m
- Difficulty easy
- Sebastianstraße Lechbrücke
- Badfaulenbach - "Valley of the Senses" route
- 1. Kneipp stop before Mittersee and Obersee lakes
- 2. Kneipp stop at Alatsee
- Weißensee north
- 3. Kneipp stop at the Weißensee bathing area
- Main road and side road via Schwarzenbach, Hubmannsegg, Hopferried to Hopferau
- 4. Kneipp stop in Hopfen am See near the tourist information office
- Lakeside promenade towards Füssen
- Festival theater
Exciting half-day tour around the fifth largest lake in Bavaria, with breathtaking mountain scenery.
- Distance 30km
- Time 2h
- Difference in altitude 170m
- Difficulty easy
The tour is well signposted.
- Direction Schwangau through Horn
- Hergratsrieder See (bathing lake)
- Illasbergsee with kiosk (break and swimming)
- Hydroelectric power station / dam wall
- Füssen Festival Theater